In your HRIS portal, you have access to dozens of pre-made Standard Reports to help with your various reporting needs. While we default your account to include some of the most commonly used reports, there may be times when you need other reports. Here's how to add and run them:
How to Add Standard Reports
To start, launch the Reporting module in your portal and click on the Standard Reports tab at the top of the page.
Then, click +Add Report.
From here, a dialogue box will open with a drop-down list of all available standard reports. You can scroll through the list, or begin typing to filter and select your preferred report.
Top Tip: Scroll to the bottom of this article for a list of our most commonly-run Standard Reports!
Once selected, click OK to add the report to your Standard Report list. (Note: It may take up to 20 seconds to save/load the report.)
Once added, you will receive a confirmation that your report was successfully added. Congrats!
How to View a Standard Report
Now that you've added the standard report you would like to run, click on the report from your reports list on the left to select it.
Then, customize your report with the on-screen parameters:
- Date Range: Choose a standardized date range (for example, year-to-date, last check date, etc.) or choose override dates and enter a custom date range.
- Data Selection: Various filtering options to include or exclude data.
- Sorting and Grouping: The sort order and mode (detail or summary).
- Output: The method/format in which the report will be produced (for example, PDF, Excel, CSV).
- Additional Formulas: Specific aspects of the report display. These formulas are report-specific: some reports have no additional formulas, many have multiple formulas. You can change formula settings as often as needed.
Once you've customized your report, you can click Run to run the report. (Note: Make sure any pop-up blockers you have are disabled as this can prevent your report from downloading.)
Once the system has processed the report request (this may take a few seconds depending on how much data is included in your report), your report will automatically download and will be available on-screen as well as in the Downloads folder on your computer.
Organizing Your Reports
As you run more reports, you may find yourself needing to organize them to more easily find the reports you need. Report folders are a great way to house and group common reports you run on a recurring basis!
To create a report folder, right-click on the Reporting folder and select Add Folder.
Enter a name for the folder and press OK to save your folder.
After this, simply drag and drop reports into the folder to add or remove them!
And if you ever need to rename or remove a report, simply right-click the report name to make these changes.
Commonly Used Standard Reports
While some Standard Report names are self-explanatory, it's not always clear what a report includes just from its name. To help you out, here are some of the most common reporting requests we see and the best reports to use for them:
- Employee Pay Detail per Payroll ➡ Payroll Register or Compensation Detail Report
- Employee Pay Detail Overview ➡ Labor Distribution
- Year to Date Employee Detail ➡ Year to Date Report, Compensation Detail, Labor Distribution (set dates for YTD), or Payroll Register with YTD (set additional option to include employer taxes)
- List of all employees with a particular earning or deduction code used ➡ Code Listing
- List of employee profile information ➡ Employee Profile or Employee Listing Report
- Total Payroll Liability ➡ Payroll Summary Report
- Company Tax Totals ➡ Payroll Summary Report or Labor Distribution Report
- Tax Liability ➡ Payroll Summary Report or Statement of Filing and Deposits
- Employee & Employer Taxes by Employee ➡ Labor Distribution Report or Payroll Register with YTD (set additional option to include ER taxes)
- Employee Count by Month ➡ Statement of Filing and Deposits