Although we strive to have as many reports as needed for you to run your business, there may be a time where you find that you need a report that is slightly different from- or not included in- your standard reports. For this reason, we have added the report writer option to the reporting module. The report writer option allows you to be able to write your own custom reports.
1. To find the Report Writer, launch the Reporting Module and Click the Report Writer Tab
2. To write your own report with our Report Writer, you will start out by clicking the "New Report" button seen below:
3. After clicking the "New Report" button, the system will then ask you to choose what type of report you would like to run with the following prompt:
4. If you are unsure of what type of report you would like to run or just need a refresher on report types, you can find a description for each report type by clicking the "Click For Report Type Details" link to have the following report type descriptions displayed. Or, learn more about each report type here.
5. Once you have found the report type you would like to run, simply choose that report from the report type drop-down menu seen below:
6. After selecting your report type and clicking "OK", the report writer module will display as such:
7. You are now ready to start writing your report. To start writing your report you will first need to choose and select which fields you would like to add to your report. You can do so with the "Column Chooser" option displayed on the top left of your screen:
8. To add fields to a report from the Column Chooser, Open each menu within the column chooser and select the fields to add to the report by pressing the checkbox next to the field name.
9. Once a field is chosen from the Column Chooser it will be added to the report results section displayed below:
10. The report results section is where all the results from the fields you have selected will be displayed. You can re-order report items in the report results section by dragging the headers of each column to the desired position on the report. You can also drag a column header to the sub-section above report results to the group by that column as displayed below:
11. You can get into even more details with your report with the filter section. The filter section allows for you to apply filters and conditions to report results. To add a filter, simply click the plus button displayed in the filter section displayed below:
12. You also have the ability to change the way data is filtered. For example, in the above picture, the data will be filtered by including "All" data of the following apply. If you wish, you can change this by clicking the "All" hyperlink and choosing one of the following options: