When creating a Date-Based Workflow in your HRIS portal, you will be prompted to select your Trigger Type. There are three options to choose from, depending on the type of workflow you would like to create and who it is targeting.
Explanation: Based on employee demographic information. This is great for "re-onboarding" employees with missing information, or creating workflows for employees in certain groups (department, location, branch, hire date, etc.).
- Creating a workflow for employees with a missing SSN (or address, emergency contacts, phone number, email, etc.) - to update this information in the system.
- Creating a workflow for employees in your Warehouse department - to review and sign off on a new policy or procedure affecting their department.
- Creating a workflow for employees in California - to complete their state-mandated harassment prevention training.
2. Employee Event
Explanation: Based on entries logged in the Events tab of an employee's profile. This is great for creating automations for the types of Events (disciplinary action, attendance, licence or certification expirations, etc.) your organization is tracking in the system.
Top Tip: You can either choose from our pre-loaded Event code options or create your own under HRIS Administration > Payroll And Setup > Miscellaneous Configuration > Event Codes!
- Creating a workflow for your truck drivers to submit a copy of their updated drivers' license when their current drivers' license is expiring in 30 days.
- Creating a workflow for administrators to review the performance of any employee with a disciplinary action in the past 3 months before determining quarterly bonuses.
- Creating a workflow to notify employees to enroll in benefits at the end of their probation.
3. Employee Review
Explanation: Based on the Next Review date of an employee's last performance review in the Reviews tab of their employee's profile. This is great for notifying employees of upcoming reviews, or sending employees or their supervisors any assessments to be completed prior to the review.
Top Tip: If your organization uses its own performance assessment tool, you can attach the file to the employee's review in your HRIS portal. You can also determine whether or not you'd like the review to be visible to the employee!