One of the main uses of the Data Load Module in your HRIS portal is mass importing employee information.
The Data Import function allows you to export data from an external source with employee information (for example, benefits elections) and import it to update employee information in our system.
To begin, launch the Data Load module from the dashboard of your HRIS Portal.
Then, select +Add Data Load.
This will open a dialogue box for you to create your Data Load. Enter a Name for your import, then use the Type drop-down to select the type of information you will be importing. For example, deductions, direct deposits, etc.
Next, select your Transmission Method as Manual Upload. This will open additional options below.
- Require Data Review Before Loading - Will allow you to preview your import before it is added to the system.
- Decrypt File - Will allow you to import encrypted files.
- Multi Company Load - If you are an Account Group Manager for multiple company accounts, you will be able to update employee information for multiple companies using a single import file for your account group.
Then, click Update.
Once added, click on the Gear icon next to your import. This will allow you to:
- Edit - Edit the name, type, transmission method, or other attributes of your Data Load.
- Upload File - Import your CSV file to mass update your employee information.
- View File Spec - View the required columns and parameters for your selected Data Load Type.
- Download Template File - Download a sample import spreadsheet for your selected Data Load Type.
- Delete - Delete your Data Load Entry.
To import your file, select Upload File. If there are any errors in your import, the system will notify you (refer back to the File Spec if your file is rejected).
If you did not select to Require Data Review Before Loading, your import will begin immediately.
If you did check to Require Data Review Before Loading, a preview will pop up with your data for you to review. You can then select to Perform Load (import the file), Download Uploaded File, Delete Uploaded File, or Cancel the import.
If your Data Load is successful, you will then see a File Processing Log with a SUCCESS status.
If your Data Load is unsuccessful, you will see a File Processing Log with a FAILURE status. Here, you will be able to review why the upload was unsuccessful, Acknowledge Error, Resubmit File, or Download CSV Log File.
After this, you will be able to review all of your past imports in the Recent File History with the ability to View Log for a record of which imports were made and/or what caused the file error.
Tips For Preparing Your Data
When preparing your data for import to update employee records, make sure each file is in standard CSV file format with " as a text qualifier.
You will need to include "CO" (your company ID number) and "ID" (the employee ID number) as required fields for each record.
When adding a new Data Load, you can hover over the Gear icon to view a File Spec or Download Template File.
Additionally, we have linked several of the most common import type specifications below: